Monday, December 8, 2014

Healing Rains



Be glad, people of Zion,
rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given you the autumn rain
because he is faithful.
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before.
~Joel 2:23


Last month I made a quick trip home for Grammy’s wedding. I spent two wonderful weeks with dear family and friends both in Indianapolis and in Charlotte. The Lord used my time at home to refresh and encourage me – as if each encounter with friends and loved ones was like God pouring into my soul from a pitcher.


Pretty much as soon as I returned to Mukinge, the rainy season started, and we have had heavy rain most days! The corn in my garden was only knee-high when I left. It is now taller than I am and ready for picking! The rains seem to have refreshed the ground, the plants, and the people alike. Everything around me mirrors how I feel inside after such a great time at home in the States. Thank you to all of you who helped make my time there so wonderful. And for all those who I missed while I was home, I look forward to seeing you the next time!

Sweet corn in my garden
For my Zambian friends and neighbors, the rains have softened the ground and made it ready for planting. Zambian farmers are busy cultivating their fields and gardens, planting the seeds that will produce the crops they depend on for their survival. Please pray that the Lord will continue to send the rain needed to make these plants grow in order to provide the food and income that will sustain each family in the coming year.

Watching the rains on the porch with Lloyd and Ned

Lloyd working hard to stay dry during the torrential rains!




No comments:

Post a Comment